Stomach vacuums are also commonly known as ab vacuums. This exercise is very easy to perform and also requires no equipment. Moreover, it can be done anywhere and takes only a couple of minutes. So, you may ask, why should we do stomach vacuums? and if we were to do, then How to do stomach vacuums?
Well, this article is written specifically to answer this question- how to do stomach vacuums? Not only this but also the article contains the benefits of abs vacuums, extra tips, and a FAQ section at the end! Before that, Let us quickly jump into the guide on doing proper abs vacuums!
How to do Stomach Vacuums-
Steps to do stomach vacuums-
- Get into a standing position with a shoulder-width gap in your legs.
- First of all, breathe in forcefully such that your stomach bloats away.
- Now exhale with full force.
- Note that your stomach or your belly button must go deeply inward and your ribs must become prominent.
- After a short period of holding this position, gradually inhale in.
That’s it! This was a 5 steps easy guide for abs vacuums exercise.
Benefits of Stomach Vacuums-
The benefits of doing abs vacuums are many. To mention a few unique perks of this exercise-
- Abs vacuums are equipment-less exercises.
- It can be done anywhere and anytime.
- Strengthens your core.
- Targets the abdominal muscles, especially the transverse abdominis muscle.
- Helps on enhancing breathing capacity.
These were some of the benefits from a huge list of the benefits of doing abs vacuums. Moreover, The upcoming article will contain the remaining benefits from the list. So stay tuned!
Time to do Abs Vacuums For Beginners-
A beginner is supposed to hold the exhale position for around 15 to 20 seconds. You can repeat it 4 to 5 times in a row. Furthermore, you can increase the sets and reps for this exercise as a couple of days pass by.
Tips And Tricks-
One should do shallow breathing throughout the exercise and not completely hold the breath. This may make the stomach vacuum exercise a breath-holding workout. Remember that this exercise is mainly focused to strengthen your core and not to enhance your respiration.
That being said, this was the how-to-do guide for stomach vacuums. Hope you enjoyed it! If so, kindly read our other similar articles.