Cross-Body Mountain Climber is not exactly similar to normal mountain climbers or mountain runners. They differ in few aspects which make them unique in terms of Benefits and muscles worked. Though these two exercises sound similar are not the exact replica of the other. Let’s see the factors that set Cross-Body Mountain Climber aside from general Mountain Climber!
The main factors that are cause the difference are the muscles worked, hence the varied Benefits associated with it. There is a difference in the mechanics and the position of the workout. In this exercise, the trainer has to lift his leg off the floor in a crossed manner. They also differ in the repetitions and sets of the exercise.
The article will primarily focus on making this exercise a cakewalk for the beginner. I assure you that after following the steps mentioned here daily, you would be able to see results in a couple of weeks. It is just a matter of time for you to master this exercise. For a newbie, I suggest you go with a lesser number of repetitions at a slow pace.
Now coming to the main chunk of the article, the Process to Master Cross-Body Mountain Climber exercise-
Step By Step Instructions-
- Get into the starting position of push-ups with your palms and toes touching the ground. The Head should be in a neutral relaxed position.
- Now flex your leg inwards in such a way that it is floating throughout the process.
- Try to bend the leg so that it approaches close to the chest.
- Remember to bend the leg in the opposite fashion for example- Your right leg should bend and approach the left side of the chest and vice versa.
- Repeat the steps mentioned above with both your legs almost 10 to 15 times in a set of 2.
- Since you cross your leg while doing this exercise, hence the name- Cross Body Mountain Climbers.
Beginners should try to make repetitions as much as possible to avail of maximum benefits. The secret recipe to master this exercise or any exercise in this world is to do it with full dedication and consistently. I know that it feels a bit hard in the initial days of the workout but believe me, the hardships do pay you off in the end. master
Other Exercises To Assist the Process-
Yeah, doing them will undoubtedly enhance your ability to do the cross-body exercise with ease. Rather Cross-body exercise is just an advancement of the normal mountain climbers’ exercise. I have already talked about the differences in the sections mentioned above.
Mountain climbers focus on the core and so do the cross-body mountain climbers but the difference lies in the Overall Impact on the Core. Cross-body Mountain Climbers are more effective than usual climbers because they squeeze the abs muscles a lot. The floating leg bent in a cross-way manner makes them more efficient comparatively.
They are easy to do and also require no equipment. This will make your body get used to the strain and pressure applied during the exercise. This exercise is mostly performed as a part of the warmup workouts. I would recommend other warmup exercises to do prior to going for any HIIT Workouts.
Coming to the most important point- though many of us know how to do jumping jacks workout from our childhood, still, 90 percent of the readers don’t know the proper process of performing it.
So taking this problem into consideration I have given a short free how to do jumping jacks workout guide. Doing it in a proper way will help you get the most out of it.
Get the Free Full Guide- Jumping Jacks Workout: 7 Benefits, Cardio, Safety Tips & How to do?
Safety Tips & Precautions-
- If you are new to the exercise or haven’t workout in a while, then try to do a Cross-body mountain climber at a slow speed.
- Also, don’t over-flex your legs to avoid unnecessary injury.
- Pregnant women, old-age citizens, or people with physical disabilities should try to avoid it for health reasons.
- Don’t go for excess repetitions or too low repetitions. Rather try to maintain a healthy number of repetitions.
- Do not attempt to do this exercise in case you have any related injuries or illnesses.
- If the pain continues consult your health physician as early as possible.
Also Read Our other Amazing Articles-