“The Eyes are the windows to the soul” as said by many. You may have heard this saying before. Eyes are considered the most vital sensory organ of our body as it performs such a pivotal role in our life. So, it becomes our moral duty to take good care of these beautiful organs. Having good food for eyesight improvement is an essential part of eye health care.
Many a time people tend to blame their age progression as a reason for the eye defects or eye pain they have. In 90 percent of cases, it is there an improper diet or lack of essential elements that lead to the eye pain they have. This can be avoided if one takes a good diet including a combination of various fruits & vegetables of all sort.
The American Optometric Association (AOA) recommends a diet abundant in lutein and zeaxanthin, essential fatty acids, vitamin C (also known as ascorbic acid), zinc, and other vitamins.
Below is the list of 15 Best Food For Eye Health–
1.) SWEET POTATO-
4.) PAPAYA/ PUMPKIN-
6.) BEEF LIVER-
7.) DAIRY PRODUCT-
9.) CANTALOUPE/ MELONS-
11.) GARLIC & ONIONS-
12.) ALMOND FOR EYES-
14.) TURNIP GREENS-
The above list has been taken with the help of various standard sources such as https://ods.od.nih.gov/. The list had been a product of extensive research from my side, though you can let me know if it has some errors.
These foods according to the American Optometric Association Provide protection against age-related diseases such as Macular Degeneration, cataracts, act as a natural sunblock, and improve vision in those already affected by this disorder.
Also Read:- 10 Best Vitamin D Fruits and Vegetables List!
Other foods for your eyes include dark green leafy vegetables such as Kale, Spinach, Collard greens, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Betel leaf, and others. These are vital as they are rich in sources of Lutein and Zeaxanthin and hence are good food for eye health.
Anti-oxidants protect the body’s cells against damage from free radicals which are unstable molecules that the body produces because of environmental exposure and other factors. This protection helps to slow the process of macular degeneration and vision loss. The 3 vitamins that have abundant antioxidants are Vitamin A, Vitamin C & Vitamin E.
Tips & Home Remedies for Eye Health-
The following home remedies may definitely help you to maintain good health of your eyes-
- A simple & most effective remedy is to place sliced cucumber or sliced potato over the eyes for 20 minutes, this may restore the freshness and glow of your face due to exertion.
- Incorporating a variety of fruits into your diet may support eye health as well as whole-body health and provide you improved immunity.
- Cleaning the eyes regularly by splashing water 3-4 times a day prevents all sorts of human eye infections.
- Pain in the eyes due to long hours of computer work also called eye strain can be reduced by blinking the eyes 5-6 times or by just closing the eyes for a minute or two. Taking breaks after a certain time period may help you get relief from eye strain.
- Exercising the eyes by rotating the eyeballs in clockwise and anti-clockwise directions for 10-15 times provides relaxation.
- Placing used tea bags for 30 minutes or so may help reduce inflammation of the eyes.
- The application of rose water over the eyes daily may have a soothing & nourishing effect for dry eyes. It is especially beneficial for dry eyes.
- Eating organic food in an uncooked or raw state in various combinations may help you get more complete doses of nutrients, so choose organic or natural food that will be health beneficial.
FAQ’s On Best Food For Eyes-
Usually in pregnancy baby’s health is mainly determined by the diet of the mother carrying the child. So if the mother takes a good amount of food enriched with Beta-carotene & Vitamin A, the baby’s eye health would improve.
You can refer to my article of 15 Best Food For Eye Health! on exertout.com. for the list of veg food good for eyes.
The food enriched with Beta-carotene & Vitamin A such as carrots, pumpkin, dairy products and more may help control mobile radiation on eyes! For more food products visit my article.
Food rich in Beta-carotene & Vitamin A should be consumed in your daily diet for good eyesight.
For the list of 15 Best Food For Eye Health! visit my article which is completely FREE!
Definitely the animals who have to target their prey from a much larger distance need to have a very good eyesight!
It is absolutely fine if we blink our eyes during eating our food!
Any fruits that are sweet in taste can help you overcome depression. But to improve eyesight you should have specific food items. I have mentioned the 15 Best Food For Eye Health! on my website exertout.com, You can visit it for more free information!!!
I think there is no such diet present of just green chilies, but you can have them in small amount in your meal. They may prove good for eye health. Also, you can refer to my free article for more information.-15 Best Food For Eye Health! Tips & Home Remedies for Eyesight Improvement!!!
Just include the above mentioned food from my article in your diet. This will help you to improve your eye health!!!
Hope you liked it if so kindly read our other articles too!
Also, Have a look at our other Articles-
Thanks for Reading!